Sunday, August 28, 2011

I Don't Trust My Scale

I Don't Trust My Scale 

Sunday, August 28, 2011 

Oh, I believe it weighs accurately enough. I just don't trust that the my weight is really as low as it says, and will stay that low. 

This morning I weighed in at 185. That matches my low weight for 2010, which I touched last September 12. That was a jiggle down, between the weights of 186.2 and 186.8. It was kind of an artificial low, because I'd fallen off the fitness bandwagon some time earlier. 

I expected to celebrate achieving a weight of 185. Not only was it my low weight for 2010, it was lower than any previous weight going back to 1991. But this morning's 185 doesn't feel like an achievement, because it's a jiggle up from yesterday's weight. 

Yesterday I weighed 184.6. I didn't trust that weight enough to brag about it. It was down more than a pound from the day before, and I'm not normally seeing movement of more than a pound into new low territory these days. Especially not when it's more than a pound lower than a weight that was, itself, a new low for 2011. I figured I was pretty dehydrated, and I should bounce right back up there. 

Well, the weight bounced back up, but not as far as I expected. Maybe this is real. If I weigh about the same tomorrow, I think I'll begin to believe it. 

I just hope I don't blow it with the burritos I made for lunch this week. The nutrition numbers say they should work out just fine, but right now I'm not in a trusting mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro from a sister

My brother blogged for several years on SparkPeople, the original version.  He passed away in 2019.  My younger sister was assisted by someo...